Top Ten Tips
- Match yourself to the jobs available and be open minded about what you want to do– you can gain relevant skills from many different types of job.
- Register for myVacancies and look out for vacancies advertised in shops, offices, on social media and more.
- Update your CV – book a CV review or use talks, workshops and online resources if you need help.
- Include a covering letter when you send off applications - make them specific to each role.
- Do your research – convince the employer that you want to work for THEM.
- Be professional – show you are a reliable and efficient worker.
- Make sure you attend your interviews- and let them know if you can't make it.
- Keep track of your applications - they'll come in handy again.
- Follow up - even if they don't contact you, a quick phone call will give you useful feedback.
- Don't give up - it can take time and effort to fnd a part-time job. Come and talk to us in the Student Jobshop for help with your jobsearch.
Keep up-to-date with the Student Jobshop:
- Like on Facebook /jobshopuos
- Follow on Twitter @shefjobshop so you don’t miss any last minute updates